The 2014 Science Policy Conference includes a keynote address by U.S. Interior Secretary Sally Jewell and dozens of other eminent speakers from government, scientific institutions and societies, universities, environmental organizations, industry, and agriculture. Sessions and speakers at the conference include:
- Plenary, Policy Perspectives: The Future of Science in the U.S. Congress: Panelists – U.S. Rep. Donna Edwards (D-Md.-4th); U.S. Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.-8th); and U.S. Rep. Scott Peters (D-Calf.-52nd).
- Plenary, The Business of Science: Is Public Investment Driving Private Innovation?: Opening remarks by Sally Jewell, U. S. Interior Secretary. Panelists – Kate Gordon, Executive Director, Risky Business; Tom Kimbis, Vice President, External Relations, Solar Energy Industries Association; and Peter Marquez, Vice President for Global Engagement, Planetary Resources and former space advisor for presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush.
- Session, Climate Change Energy Outlook: Practical Policy Solutions: Margot Anderson, Executive Director, Energy Project, Bipartisan Policy Center; Robert Diznoff, Senior Energy Policy Advisor, Office of U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.); Alice Madden, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Intergovernmental & External Affairs, U.S. Department of Energy; Carol Werner, Executive Director, Environmental & Energy Study Institute; and Franz Wuerfmannsdobler, Senior Energy Policy Advisor, Office of U.S. Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.).
- Session, Disaster Preparedness: Mitigating Risk: Anne Kierig, Legislative Assistant, Office of U.S. Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Ill.); Jeff Rubin, Emergency Manager, Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue; Jim Schwab, Senior Research Associate, American Planning Association; and Ellis Stanley Sr., Executive Vice President, Hammerman & Gainer International.
- Session, 21st Century Resources: Going to Extremes: Rodney Cluck, Chief, Division of Environmental Sciences, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management; Peter Marquez, Vice President, Global Engagement, Planetary Resources; Tim Reinhardt, Physical Scientist and Technology Manager, U.S. Department of Energy, Geothermal Technologies Program; and Mike Watson, Strategic Account Director, Electronic Recyclers International, Inc.
For more information, please see the full conference agenda and speakers .