Applications Open: 31 January 2014
Application Deadline : 9 April 2014 11:59 P.M. EDT
Official Announcement: 16 April 2014
Before applying, read the following requirements to determine if you are eligible for a Student Travel Grant.
- Current student member of AGU.
- Recent graduates and postdoctoral fellows are not eligible.
- Enrolled in a degree-granting university- post-docs are not eligible.
- Demonstrated interest in science policy via coursework, publications, positions held or the like.
- Applications must be complete to be considered and submitted before the deadline.
- Recipients must comply with all rules regarding expenses and financial procedures, which will be communicated upon awarding of grants.
- If offered a travel grant, students must purchase and provide their transportation (airfare, train, bus) receipt as proof of attendance between 16 – 30 April 2014
- Recipients are required to respond to a web-based post-meeting survey and submit a brief (‹300 words) report on the benefits of attending this meeting.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of several criteria. For the 2014 Science Policy Conference, preference will be given to applicants from races, countries, and genders which are underrepresented in the sciences. After students are rated for diversity, students who meet the following criteria will be selected:
- Students who have sufficient additional funding resources to cover the remainder of the meeting registration and travel expenses.
- Students whose abstracts show scientific merit to application reviewers in applicable fields.
- Applicant must pay his/her own meeting registration fee.
- Grant awards are $500 for U.S. attendees and $1,000 for international attendees.
- Grant will only cover hotel and airfare/transportation expenses. Food, additional travel expenses, registration fee, visa application fees, etc. will not be covered by the grant.
NOTE: The grants system does not accept your AGU member login; you will need to create a new account if you have not applied for an AGU grant previously.
Contact Grants@agu.org for customer service.
AGU would like to thank the corporate sponsors and the many AGU members and donors who support Student Travel Grants.